Our daily lives are often busy and sometimes busy can become overwhelming. When we’re overwhelmed we can become irritable, tired, stressed and easily triggered/reactive. If we move through life as if it’s a marathon we lose our connection to the things that can help us stay in balance, feel energized and relaxed. I really believe that life is about balance. We can’t stay relaxed and unmoving all day, nor can we be in constant motion, with busy thoughts in our heads and anxiety running through our bodies. So balance is essential to our physical, emotional and psychological life. I love the idea of pausing to really come into the moment and connect with what is happening right here right now. This connecting with our body, mind and heart allows us to shift from doing to being present with life.
This pausing and connecting with what is happening in my life is an act of kindness, care and compassion. This mindfulness practice helps me be more conscious, alive and present to myself, life and others.
- Pause and sit comfortably with a long, alert spine and both feet on the ground.
- Close your eyes and begin to connect with the breath as it comes in and out of your nose…in and out of your body..
- Notice what it feels like to breathe…notice the fullness as you breathe in and the letting go and releasing as you breathe out
- Notice where you feel the breath
- Listen to the sounds around you without trying to define the source…
- Notice thoughts..are they racing, sluggish, worried?
- Allow them to fade into the background…
- Come back to the breath….
- Take 3 full breaths
- Open your eyes…
How do you feel? What did you notice? If you like journal about it.
May you be peaceful